Saturday, December 20, 2014

Note to the Reader

Though I know there is and has been for some time strong movement to renounce patriarchy in any form (I was the only male member of a group of women in 1964 who met regularly to discuss Betty Friedan's "The Feminine Mystique" and its application to American society beginning with our immediate surrounds), and though I love and appreciate the appellations of Mother, GrandMother, She Who Is, and Goddess, confronted with the only choices (in English) of she, he, and it to refer to God, I choose "he." In the past I have experimented with s/he, which quickly gets awkward, especially when moving from subject to object (her/him).  To me, our Source, the Wellspring, is beyond all gender. Our Source is neither he, she, nor it while encompassing all three. I have no gender axe to grind here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment