Friday, January 16, 2015

the Source sourcing

"I do not understand, Story Teller. How can a person be both a human and God?"

The question came from the other side of the fire.

Everyone grew silent.

Story Teller's heart smiled. This was one of his favorite communities. People here thought and thought deeply.

"Where did you come from?" asked Story Teller.

"My mother gave birth to me."

"Yes," said Story Teller. "And her mother gave birth to her. When you go back through all those ancestors, where did they come from?"

"The Earth."

"Where did the Earth come from?"

"The Earth is part of an outflowing of the Cosmos."

Yes," said Story Teller, "Part of an explosion of Energy expanding outward in all directions."

"I know what you are going to ask me next," said the questioner. "Where did the expanding Energy come from?"

Story Teller laughed. "What is your answer?"

"We don't know. It is a mystery."

"In the language I speak and many of us speak," said Story Teller, "this Mystery is called God. God is birthing us even now."

"You are that original Energy still expanding. You are the Origin originating. You are the Source sourcing. You are a child of God."

A small breeze blew. The fire popped.

Some felt the energetic connection with the Source. Others thought about it in their minds.

"Yeshua put it this way," said Story Teller. "To truly know this, we have to be born of both water and the Spirit."

"The water is the water of the amniotic fluid in which you floated in the womb. Your mother's 'water broke,' as we say, and you were born. This is the first birth."

"The second birth is the birth of an Awareness. You become aware that you are not only the human that does the daily human things. You are also this Life-Force, this dynamic energy."

"Yeshua called it Spirit and compared it to the wind. You cannot see it, yet you can feel its effects. You do not know where it comes from nor where it is going, yet you are it."

They were still listening, were following what he was saying. "I love these people," thought Story Teller.

"We are the Source sourcing. We are God godding. Yeshua said, 'You are gods.' He also said that when we open to this awareness, we are his brothers and sisters."

Story Teller allowed room for this to sink in. A young woman with a beautiful voice started singing.

2 comments:

  1. Yes! Thank you, Story Teller. This story you have told me many times, and bit by bit, it has moved from something I think about to something I feel to something I am. So beautiful to be part of God*story while having God be part of my*story. I breathe in... I breathe out... I smile at the wonder of it all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a profound perspective, George. My favorite lines: "God is birthing us even now. You are that original Energy still expanding."

    ReplyDelete